First Reflection

I have no experience with Blackboard portfolio or WordPress so it was a little confusing figuring out how to properly work with the two systems but after spending some time creating an e-portfolio through CUNY Academic Commons and Blackboard, I find that CUNY Academic Commons will be better for this aspect of the PA program.

Creating the portfolio through Blackboard was a lot simpler since there were fewer steps like no registration of an account was required and it was less technical. It was also a little easier to navigate. However, Blackboard is less customizable and slightly dull in appearance. I also don’t like that the media you attach to your post has to be clicked on and then opens in a separate tab, instead of just showing up with the post. Some other things that I dislike is that it’s limited to Blackboard users only and that you have an extra step of having to select who you are sharing everything you upload with.

On the other hand, CUNY Academic Commons had many more steps involved, like creating an account and setting up a site. Although it is more complicated than Blackboard, I like that it has various themes and settings that allow you to customize your page. This allows the individual to express themselves and their work in the way they want. In the long run, and after spending even more time with it, I think CUNY Academic Commons is a better system for a portfolio.